- Notes marked (A) are for Lactose Intolerance
- Notes marked (B) are for Casein allergy
Video: Inflammatory Symptoms Caused By Food Intolerance
Dairy intolerance is increasing due to very effective marketing of milk products - and the mass production of foods containing low-cost dairy derivatives.
A. Lactose Intolerance: Recent evidence indicates that up to 75% of the world’s population is Lactose Intolerant to some extent*. That is, three quarters (¾) of all people have difficulty digesting lactose. Depending on cultural background it can be higher or lower (90% of African Americans are Lactose Intolerant - and around 25% of Northern Europeans.)
B. Casein Allergy: Many people are also allergic to Casein (the protein found in milk). One study gives prevalence as 2 - 3% of the general population. Casein allergy is usually detected in babies by projectile vomiting, colic or other troublesome conditions. "Colicky" babies are often regarded as a nuisance and some doctors even think colic is 'normal'. But a screaming baby suffering colic frequently indicates nothing more than allergy to cow's milk. Casein allergy leads to chronic disease - especially later in life from autoimmune diseases.
Comments: Dairy intolerance is responsible for symptoms like Stomach Bloating, and Flatulence, and Diarrhea and Irritable Bowel Syndrome in millions of people and appears more frequently now that thousands of processed foods contain dairy derivatives. Heavily subsidised dairy farming now produces millions of tons of milk derivatives (like milk solids, whey protein isolate, skim milk powder and lactose) - delivering cheap ingredients for making processed foods.
Could you have Dairy Intolerance? To learn more – sign up for the free e-book‘How To Tell If You have Food Intolerance’
A. Symptoms of Lactose intolerance:
B. Symptoms of Casein allergy:
To learn more – sign up for the free e-book ‘How To Tell If You have Food Intolerance’
Comments: The symptoms of Dairy intolerance are just like symptoms of Fructose intolerance and Gluten intolerance, they all overlap. All food intolerance symptoms - if left untreated - become worse with age. so just because you have these symptoms - it does not mean you have Dairy intolerance. The way to find out which you have is via Journal Method - as used in the Healing Program.
A. Lactose Intolerance: Some people get clinical tests including the Hydrogen breath test and stool acidity tests. Unfortunately most clinical testing for food intolerance is not reliable. In fact breath tests are amongst the least trusted methods. Types of Testing
However the Journal Method easily identifies and Food Intolerance.
B. Casein allergy is often apparent with very young babies when they are first given cow's milk formula. But the intolerance can remain undiagnosed until adulthood. Symptoms including hives, eczema, projectile vomiting, asthma and diarrhea are common. Again - the Journal Method easily identifies casein allergy.
A. Lactose Intolerance: All food intolerance is genetic. You got it from your parents, grandparents and other ancestors - it’s in your genes. If your ancestry is Northern European (eg. Dutch or Scandinavian) the chance of Lactose Intolerance is only 25%. If not - then generally you have a 75% chance of being Lactose Intolerant*.
B. Casein Allergy: Milk protein allergy is also genetic.
Skin rashes can occur early or late in the course of HIV/AIDS.
For Ron, this was another sign that he might not have run-of-the-mill allergies or a cold.
"They were like boils, with some itchy pink areas on my arms," Ron says. The rashes can also appear on the trunk of the body. "If [the rashes] aren't easily explained or easily treated, you should think about having an HIV test," Dr. Horberg says.
Photo: Getty Images
Anywhere from 30% to 60% of people have short-term nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea in the early stages of HIV, Dr. Malvestutto says.
These symptoms can also appear as a result of antiretroviral therapy and later in the infection, usually as the result of an opportunistic infection.
"Diarrhea that is unremitting and not responding at all to usual therapy might be an indication," Dr. Horberg says. Or symptoms may be caused by an organism not usually seen in people with healthy immune systems, he adds.
Photo: Getty Images
Once called "AIDS wasting," weight loss is a sign of more advanced illness and could be due in part to severe diarrhea.
"If you're already losing weight, that means the immune system is usually fairly depleted," Dr. Malvestutto says. "This is the patient who has lost a lot of weight even if they continue to eat as much as possible. This is late presentation. We still see a lot of these." It has become less common, however, thanks to antiretroviral therapy.
A person is considered to have wasting syndrome if they lose 10% or more of their body weight and have had diarrhea or weakness and fever for more than 30 days, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Photo: Getty Images
A dry cough was the first sign Ron had that something was wrong. He at first dismissed it as bad allergies.
But it went on for a year and a half—and kept getting worse. Benadryl, antibiotics, and inhalers didn't fix the problem. Neither did allergists.
This symptom—an "insidious cough that could be going on for weeks that doesn't seem to resolve," Dr. Malvestutto says—is typical in very ill HIV patients.
Photo: Getty Images
The cough and the weight loss may also presage a serious infection caused by a germ that wouldn't bother you if your immune system was working properly.
This checklist is by no way all-inclusive, but it will help you identify experiences you may want to investigate into with the other person at a more meaningful level.
- An overwhelming sense of love, affection and attraction that compels you beyond reason or sense.
- A sense of completion that goes beyond words, it’s impossible to explain why or how you feel so whole once you’ve met this person.
- A sense of honor, or integrity, or desire to share – but a reticence to burden or pressure the other with your experiences.
- A magnetism to the other stronger than anything you have ever experienced. In fact you feel it for this person long after he or she leaves your space.
- You find that your skills and knowledge perfectly complement one another.
- The ability to literally feel one another whether you are with them physically or not. You’ve had that feeling from the moment you’ve met, and maybe you made a psychic connection even before you met physically.
- A feeling you have to be in a certain place at a certain time, with no other reason, only to find that person in these places and times.
- A feeling that you are so close you just might feel related – like a brother or a sister, but deeper than that level of relationship.
- A feeling you intimately know every detail about this person but you want to hear all about them.
- You love listening to each other’s stories.
- You want to find out everything you can about the other.
- You read between the lines and try to discover what they really mean or what they really desire and if you can fill that space for them.
- A beginning of a breakdown of your lives as you knew them upon finding one another.
- The power to touch the other and affect a response at any time without physical contact from any distance.
- Over the course of your life you may have dreams of a “mystery man/woman.” When you meet them, it’s not necessarily a physical similarity, although many report that, it’s the eyes, and the smile, or maybe the overall presence of that person that feels exactly like that person you dreamed about.
- Synchronicity will be abundant. You may find yourselves calling, emailing and texting one another at the exact same time. You may also find yourselves buying each other gifts at the same time or thinking about one another at the exact same time.
- You may feel your heart wanting to jump out of your chest at the sound of his or her voice, or the mention of his or her name or casual thought of his or her essence.
- The ability to feel each other’s emotions, whether they be happy or sad ones, from any distances.
- The ability to contact one another through meditation and share the same experiences together.
- An intense desire to ultimately be together no matter the obstacles blocking your way.
- The ability to dream of your partner in their current state and verify the accuracy of that dream, later.
- You may notice the ability to collapse time as you knew it. Upon your coming together, time and space both will cease to exist.
- When you and your partner are out and about, you may notice the eyes of everyone are upon you. Your deep connection for one another will shine so greatly, that it is not uncommon for the eyes of everyone to be upon the two of you.
- You may find yourselves completing each others sentences, sometimes even before you have the chance to begin them.
- You are stunned, sometimes blown away by their sheer presence that seems to constantly surround you.
- You never feel possessed, merely comforted by their presence. You feel instantly reassured that everything is right with the world as long as you can sense them.
- Upon connecting with your twin flame, you may find that you are practically mirror images of one another and that you may want to even run from your partner because of the things you see from the reflection of his/her eyes. You may push your twin away for a time, while you work to get comfortable with the experiences and feelings you feel near them.
- Sometimes you feel unable to communicate verbally, because you feel the relationship is so far along energetically. There is a gap between the energetic and the physical relationship.
- If you currently live apart, (even at great distances) you may notice the power to be intimate without ever physically touching the other or being on the phone together, and verify the experience later.
- You may notice that any of your bad habits, ie. smoking, drinking, or whatever they be, will deeply and adversely effect you. Even in your diet, food that you used to be able to eat, will have to be set aside. Sometimes you can’t eat, drink, or do what you used to do to bring yourself pleasure.
- A realization that this isn’t the first time the two of you have met… Past life experiences and memories start to flood you. You have dreams and experiences or flashbacks to lives or experiences filled with this person. Maybe you make the mistake of calling them by a name you once knew them by or they do that to you.
- If the both of you have similar interests, you may discover that you have been drawn to the same tastes or have been expressing similar frustrations long before your Twin Flame reunification. Sometimes you don’t realize you have the same interests until one of you introduces the other to a new interest or hobby.
- You’ll either have similar body challenges or reflective ones. You might be able to feel when the other is weakened, or ill, or hurting. It may also affect you physically.
- You find that your twin is the only one to alleviate you completely of your suffering, your pain, or heal your emotional or spiritual ails fully.
- The individual twins become more as one, without losing their unique identities.
- There may be obstacles to overcome to be together, but there are no barriers between twin flames. The relationship is a totally open one, and evolves naturally and often rapidly.
- You almost always meet through unusual circumstances or situations that were totally unplanned and unexpected.
- The two of you know without doubt that you have been brought together for some deeper purpose.
- It feels as though you have been awakened since your reunion occurred. You feel more alive than you’ve ever felt.
- You give to the other in ways to bring them joy, relief or nurture them and never think of receiving in return. Giving is the nature of the twin flame relationship and you feel the rewards in your giving.
- You receive gifts from the other and never think it inappropriate or uncomfortable. In fact the gift is often something you’ve been lacking, in great need of or desiring for sometime but never voiced it before.
- There is a strong sense you will be together for all eternity… even when you pass on in this life.
- The relationship is immediate, as though no time had been lost since you were last together.
- There is a very sacred sense of intimacy and feeling of divinely inspired wholeness that one finds within a twin soul relationship. It is not by accident nor is it without purpose.
- You may still have karma with your twin from previous lives, but the two of you resolve it with total forgiveness and unconditional love.
- There is nothing hidden between the two of you. You don’t hide secrets. You are truthful and respectful to one another.
- Your conversations seem to go on forever. There is nothing you won’t discuss with your twin flame.
- Your twin seeks your guidance and advice, and likewise before they go anywhere else.
- There is no need to build walls or barriers between one another from pain or fear the other causes. Your twin will treat you as someone sacred.
- However, if one half of the twin is not ready to access the relationship, or has been traumatized in some way, the other half senses that and may either demonstrate an unusual sense of sensitivity or protectiveness over that person.
- The two of you are inseparable. No matter if there are distances between you physically there is no distance energetically for the twin souls.
- Even if you don’t speak for weeks or months, even years, there’s always an inevitable drawing that eventually brings you back in touch with your twin.
- Neither one of you are dependent on the other for your sense of self. You know who you are with or without your twin flame in the physical.
- Your sexuality with one another is a sacred act that celebrates the unconditional love you have for one another. You feel a deep spiritual oneness with all that is.
- Trust, patience and acceptance of each other’s weaknesses happen automatically. You will never intentionally use that weakness against your twin in anger or hurt.
- There is a special sacredness to your relationship that transcends anything you’ve ever experienced before. You feel a deep sense of sacredness and unity that you’ve have never known before.
- There are no restrictions within the relationship. All is freedom without the need for ownership or control.
- You will feel inspired to create and your twin flame inspires your creativity.
- You do not compete with one another nor do you pretend to be other than who you are. You love each other for their individuality and uniqueness. You understand that some things are better left to your twin’s strengths rather than competing
- You recognize there is a deeper spirituality that you manifest and find that you’ve become reconnected to the higher self. You will gain knowledge of what your soul’s higher purpose is and will serve for that purpose.
- In spite of your similarities as well as your differences, there is no doubt you feel a sense of completion through the other.
- You will recognize you two are truly meant for one another. You will know you are one with everything in the universe and beyond.
Find immediate answers to commonly asked questions about the diseases mosquitoes carry, transmit and spread.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eastern Equine Encephalitis
Q: Can people die from Eastern Equine Encephalitis here in the United States?
A: Yes, sadly enough, this is one of the diseases mosquitoes transmit that can cause death in humans. Although many people who are infected with EEE virus have no symptoms or slight flu-like symptoms, there are some people who will develop life-threatening symptoms, including inflammation of the brain, coma, and ultimately, death. 1 in 3 people who contract a serious case of the disease will die from it, and those that do survive may end up with permanent damage to the nervous system, requiring lifelong care.
Q: Is there a vaccine or antibiotic that can cure people who become sick with EEE?
A: Any of the arboviral encephalitides are viral, so antibiotics are of little use in treating people with the disease. There is a vaccine for horses, but not for humans at this time. The best way to combat EEE and other arboviruses is before they strike – prevention is the key.
A: As the name implies, eastern parts of the U.S., including the entire East Coast and Gulf Coast, and some areas of the Midwest. The primary type of area for this potentially fatal disease is swampland, with swamp-inhabiting birds being potential reservoirs of the disease. EEE is one of the diseases mosquitoes can spread.
A: Symptoms are very similar to those of the flu with headache and body aches, fever, nausea, and so forth. In serious cases, encephalitis (inflammation of the brain), coma, and ultimately, death, may occur.
Frequently Asked Questions about LaCrosse Encephalitis
Q: How did this disease get its name – from LaCrosse, Wisconsin?
A: Exactly. LaCrosse, Wisconsin was where the cause of the disease was first found back in 1963.
Q: Where is LaCrosse Encephalitis found?
A: Cases of the disease have mostly been found in the upper Midwest near deciduous forests, although more cases in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions have been reported lately. LaCrosse Encephalitis is one of the diseases mosquitoes transmit.
“Reports of influenza-like-illness (ILI) are nearing what have been peak levels during moderately severe seasons,” Dr. Joe Bresee, Chief of the Epidemiology and Prevention Branch in CDC’s Influenza Division, said in a statement. “While we can’t say for certain how severe this season will be, we can say that a lot of people are getting sick with influenza and we are getting reports of severe illness and hospitalizations."
The measure used by the CDC to determine prevalence of ILI is based on reports from a sample of around 3,000 health care providers of how many patients are visiting them with flu-like symptoms. So far, about 5.6 percent of Americans have come in with some type of flu symptom. As Slate points out, that's fewer than the six percent who appeared in doctors' offices during the 2007/2008 season and definitely fewer than the 7.7 percent of those who appeared at doctor's offices during 2009's H1N1 "swine flu" pandemic.
It's important to look closely at that metric: people with symptoms that could be attributed to flu, who went to the doctor. Higher numbers may indicate a more widespread virus -- or more widespread concern over the virus, leading to more hospital visits. ILI is also not the same as confirmed flu cases -- many of the symptoms that can indicate flu could also be signs of a cold or another type of virus.
"Think of the flu as a respiratory infection that causes systemic effects," explains Dr. Travis Stork, ER physician and co-host of "The Doctors." "In addition to a dry cough you can also have fever, body aches, chills, and a headache. The flu can make you feel miserable 'all over' and in some cases, can lead to serious illness in susceptible individuals. A cold on the other hand is a localized upper respiratory infection primarily with symptoms from the neck up."
With that in mind, what are the symptoms of flu? And when is it time to see the doctor?
The flu virus is a respiratory illness and can cause many of the symptoms that everyone has experienced at one time or another: fever, body aches, coughing, congestion and fatigue. Most of the symptoms that are caused by the flu virus could also just as easily be the result of a cold virus infection, according to the CDC.
Some differences: the flu virus is more likely to cause fever -- and a higher fever, at that. Flu sufferers have more severe symptoms overall and are more likely to face fatigue, body aches and a dry cough. Cold sufferers, by contrast, more commonly have a stuffed or runny nose and respiratory congestion. Some flu sufferers also have intestinal symptoms, such as vomiting or diarrhea.
Despite concerns about the gravity of illness, the truth is that most flu cases are mild and do not require treatment or hospitalization. Flu, unlike cold, can in rare instances lead to serious conditions like pneumonia and bronchitis, and it can even lead to death in vulnerable populations. People with a higher than average risk for complications include children under five years, pregnant women, those with compromised immune systems and senior citizens. Asthmatics, those with blood disorders, congestive heart failure and even those who are morbidly obese are also at greater risk, according to the CDC.
If you're in one of the high-risk groups listed by the CDC (check here), it may be a good idea to check with a healthcare professional if you begin to experience flu-like symptoms.
"Reasons to visit the ER include severe dehydration, lethargy, confusion, or any other truly concerning symptom," Stork says. "What seems like the flu is not always the flu and vice versa and sometimes a visit to the ER is needed to properly diagnose and treat."
Watch The Doctor's discuss the cold vs. the flu in this clip:
Table of Contents
Canine influenza or Dog flu (H3N8, H3N2) is a relatively new disease that has a low mortality rate. The disease is highly contagious and is spread from dog to dog. Canine influenza has been reported in 18 states in the U.S. It spreads in the same way human flu spreads, through the air via respiratory secretions and by touching or drinking from contaminated objects, or by sharing leashes and bowls. The virus can last on surfaces for 48 hours and 12 hours on human hands.
Symptoms are similar to those found in an upper respiratory infection, such as a low grade fever, runny nose, changes in appetite, and cough. Since it is hard to distinguish the flu from respiratory issues that heal on their own, it is advised that pet owners visit a veterinarian. There is a chance that in complicated cases of the disease, a dog can develop secondary bacterial pneumonia if left untreated. Asymptomatic dogs (those that do not show symptoms) can still be ill (about 20% of call cases).
There is a vaccine available that is recommended for dogs that frequently contract canine influenza, or that is frequently in close contact with other dogs that get the disease, such as in a kennel. There is not treatment other than having to work through the 7 day infectious cycle and to guard against the worsening of the disease into bacterial pneumonia. The cost of dog flu vaccination is from $35 to $45.
There is no evidence that the flu in dogs can spread to people. However, H3N2 can cause illness in cats. Dogs should avoid contact with dogs that were exposed to dog influenze for 28 days after exposure."
Dog flu is respiratory disease that is a relatively new strain of influenza. This virus, belonging to the influenza A family, is a mutated strain of an equine influenza virus that has been detected in horses for more than 40 years. It was first reported in January 2004 at a greyhound track in Florida. Since then, it has been reported in as many as 18 other states. Dogs in shelters, humane societies, and boarding facilities are at particular risk and are often vaccinated.
There have been confirmed cases in 30 States in the U.S. Dogs are highly susceptible to the disease since they have no immunity from prior infections. It is easily spread among dogs.
Could this be parasites?
Hello, A girlfriend of mine follows an excellent diet and works out 5 days a week, but has some alarming symptoms. I'd love to help her get to the …
I have worms.
How do I tell my mom and dad I have worms? Dad's a joker and would make jokes about it and mom wouldn't believe me and I'm not old enough to drive …
Not feeling Hungry
I am not feeling hungry since several days. All my blood, stool and endoscopy reports are normal. However still I don't feel like eating anything. …
Could I Have Worms?
I have no idea whats wrong with me. Could I have worms? My symptoms are. watery diarrhea intestinal cramping fatigue gas thirst My stomach …
Do I have parasites even though I have been tested for them?
Here's my question. Do I have parasites even though I have been tested for them? Over the last few months I have dealt with digestive issues. I …
Parasites or Just Getting Fat?
I don't know whether I have parasites or just getting fat? I have gained weight for no specific reasons over 6-8 months time. My stomach & belly …
Parasite Infection From A Trip To The Tropics
I think I have a parasite infection from a trip to the tropics. About a week and a half into my trip I developed a slight lower abdominal pain just barely …
Parasite In My Little Daughter
Possible parasite in my little daughter. My daughter is 16 months old and I am concerned about her health. I would like to know how do I recognize …
I have been unwell for many years, only recently diagnosed with malabsorption syndrome, causing secondary hyperparathyroidism. My PTH levels tend …
Parasite Symptoms Come And Go?
Can the parasite symptoms come and go? I ate sushi for the first time about a month ago and have had trouble with bloating, diarrhea, nausea, some …
I Have A Discoloration On My Lower Back
I have a discoloration on my lower back. The doctors say that it's nothing, but my lower back has had a light brown discoloration on my skin, near …
What type of parasite bites under the skin?
What type of parasite bites under the skin? What do you take to rid yourself of them? I feel bites and crawling that seems to be on the external. …
Internal Microscopic Parasite
How do you know if you have an internal microscopic parasite? I have been getting sick with the same symptoms every month or so. It is always the …
Parasite From Guatemala?
Could this be a parasite from Guatemala? Recently my daughter went on a trip to Guatemala. She has been home almost a week. She has had some vomiting, …