In the third year of these irregularities, I began having severe anxiety and severe depression. My husband had me admitted to a psychiatric hospital due to his concern because I was very suicidal. Of course, they only offer you antidepressants and anxiety medicines, never getting to the root of your problem. Finally, someone told me about saliva hormone testing, I found an OB/GYN that offered it and went to him. My progesterone was almost non-existent.
I began treatment with a bio-identical progesterone cream and after a month of using it, I decreased my anti-depressant medicine down from 40mg per day to now only 5mg a day, and threw away the rest of the anxiety medicine. Thank God, I finally found the answer. I feel so happy now, about back to normal, and all those symptoms are pretty much gone!
It is so sad to think the medical field and regular doctors never help women. They just say yeah, a lot of women have irregular periods and depression/anxiety. Getting the hormone diagnosis and replacement may have very well saved my life. The credit goes to God, because he heard my prayers at my lowest hour.
Believe in yourself ladies, find an ob/gyn who offers saliva testing. Blood testing will do, but it is not as sensitive or as accurate. Never take synthetic hormones such as birth control. Bioidentical creams or pills are an exact replica of what the body makes, and this is the only way to heal the problem. Good luck to all, and God bless you.
36) It is always the same answer: "go see the doctor, ask the doctor." I do not think they are educated enough or do not want to be to help with balancing hormones. It seems that, at least with my experience, they are more interested in doing the surgery than recommend any over the counter progesterone creams, since the surgery gives them more money.
When I went to my female doctor, she checked my hormones (not on certain days), but my low progesterone did not bother her. She wanted to run more expensive and involved tests. I asked her if she planned to help me with my symptoms (which were all indicating low progesterone and explained by fibroid that I have). She just wanted more tests. Based on those, the only solutions on her list were different types of surgery.
I looked online and decided to just give natural progesterone cream a try. All of my problems are gone or almost gone. It would be very nice if any doctor could educate me on that and keep an eye on the level of my progesterone (which I do not even know since it was not checked properly), but I am doing the best I can.
Shame on you doctors. Educate yourselves to help people. That is your job! You are the ones who are supposed to educate women on all of our options, not chat blogs on internet.
By the way, I changed the doctor for a male and he is more open minded about progesterone cream, but let me experiment with the amount of it myself.
35) Update from anon303795, post 34: It has been less than two weeks since I wrote my original post, so I will update.
I started taking 1000 mg of calcium, 4,000 mg of vitamin D, 500 mg. of magnesium, one Indole Forte, and half an Iodoralm plus daily probiotics. I have to say, I immediately started feeling less body, muscle and bone pain! I sleep better also. Along with these vitamins, I still take my synthroid in the morning for my thyroid, one melatonin at night to help with sleep, and I also take one amitriptyline (20 mg antidepressant) at night. These, I have taken for a few years now. The vitamins are newly added and in higher doses, and I feel so much better!
I still have two other vitamins to start taking, which are methyl balance and ProEPA for my inherited MTHFR gene mutation, but I cannot start these until after I finish the radiation therapy for breast cancer. I have 3 more weeks. But I just want to stress to all reading this post to find yourself a good doctor who is willing to test all levels of everything in your body and go over each individually. Once you get results from that, you can find what supplements/vitamins/minerals your body needs and get the proper doses to help alleviate some of the pain and misery we woman deal with on a daily basis.
I also plan to start working on my hormonal imbalance with bioidentical hormones with this holistic doctor in a few weeks, again, once the breast cancer process is completed.
I'm sure once I get that balanced, I will feel even better! I'm still irritated that I have to pay for all this out of my pocket when I have worked for a major corporation for 28 years and paid into full medical benefits for that long. But again, insurance feels that traditional medicine is the answer for everyone, when in fact, I have full proof, based on the years of misery I have suffered, that it does not work for me and that if I just had one of the 15 different traditional doctors I visited, recommend to me to increase vitamins/supplements/hormones, and test me on these levels, I would not have suffered for years in pain and may not have had a lot of the surgeries/breast cancer, that I have had to battle!
34) I just recently found out that my progesterone did not even register on the chart, it was so low! I have been going to doctors (9 of them total) for 15 years to try and get help. I found I had low thyroid 16 years ago and went on Synthroid. I also had horrible periods since age 13 when I started. I was put on birth control at age 16 to help regulate my cycle and help with the cramps and clotting. I was on birth control, on and off, for about 20 years.
I managed to get pregnant with my first child very easily. I did not go back on birth control after and it took me five years to gget pregnant with my second child and I had to take fertility drugs (clomid). At age 40, I stopped all birth control because I was tired of feeling horrible almost my entire adult life. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome a few years ago.
This checklist is by no way all-inclusive, but it will help you identify experiences you may want to investigate into with the other person at a more meaningful level.
- An overwhelming sense of love, affection and attraction that compels you beyond reason or sense.
- A sense of completion that goes beyond words, it’s impossible to explain why or how you feel so whole once you’ve met this person.
- A sense of honor, or integrity, or desire to share – but a reticence to burden or pressure the other with your experiences.
- A magnetism to the other stronger than anything you have ever experienced. In fact you feel it for this person long after he or she leaves your space.
- You find that your skills and knowledge perfectly complement one another.
- The ability to literally feel one another whether you are with them physically or not. You’ve had that feeling from the moment you’ve met, and maybe you made a psychic connection even before you met physically.
- A feeling you have to be in a certain place at a certain time, with no other reason, only to find that person in these places and times.
- A feeling that you are so close you just might feel related – like a brother or a sister, but deeper than that level of relationship.
- A feeling you intimately know every detail about this person but you want to hear all about them.
- You love listening to each other’s stories.
- You want to find out everything you can about the other.
- You read between the lines and try to discover what they really mean or what they really desire and if you can fill that space for them.
- A beginning of a breakdown of your lives as you knew them upon finding one another.
- The power to touch the other and affect a response at any time without physical contact from any distance.
- Over the course of your life you may have dreams of a “mystery man/woman.” When you meet them, it’s not necessarily a physical similarity, although many report that, it’s the eyes, and the smile, or maybe the overall presence of that person that feels exactly like that person you dreamed about.
- Synchronicity will be abundant. You may find yourselves calling, emailing and texting one another at the exact same time. You may also find yourselves buying each other gifts at the same time or thinking about one another at the exact same time.
- You may feel your heart wanting to jump out of your chest at the sound of his or her voice, or the mention of his or her name or casual thought of his or her essence.
- The ability to feel each other’s emotions, whether they be happy or sad ones, from any distances.
- The ability to contact one another through meditation and share the same experiences together.
- An intense desire to ultimately be together no matter the obstacles blocking your way.
- The ability to dream of your partner in their current state and verify the accuracy of that dream, later.
- You may notice the ability to collapse time as you knew it. Upon your coming together, time and space both will cease to exist.
- When you and your partner are out and about, you may notice the eyes of everyone are upon you. Your deep connection for one another will shine so greatly, that it is not uncommon for the eyes of everyone to be upon the two of you.
- You may find yourselves completing each others sentences, sometimes even before you have the chance to begin them.
- You are stunned, sometimes blown away by their sheer presence that seems to constantly surround you.
- You never feel possessed, merely comforted by their presence. You feel instantly reassured that everything is right with the world as long as you can sense them.
- Upon connecting with your twin flame, you may find that you are practically mirror images of one another and that you may want to even run from your partner because of the things you see from the reflection of his/her eyes. You may push your twin away for a time, while you work to get comfortable with the experiences and feelings you feel near them.
- Sometimes you feel unable to communicate verbally, because you feel the relationship is so far along energetically. There is a gap between the energetic and the physical relationship.
- If you currently live apart, (even at great distances) you may notice the power to be intimate without ever physically touching the other or being on the phone together, and verify the experience later.
- You may notice that any of your bad habits, ie. smoking, drinking, or whatever they be, will deeply and adversely effect you. Even in your diet, food that you used to be able to eat, will have to be set aside. Sometimes you can’t eat, drink, or do what you used to do to bring yourself pleasure.
- A realization that this isn’t the first time the two of you have met… Past life experiences and memories start to flood you. You have dreams and experiences or flashbacks to lives or experiences filled with this person. Maybe you make the mistake of calling them by a name you once knew them by or they do that to you.
- If the both of you have similar interests, you may discover that you have been drawn to the same tastes or have been expressing similar frustrations long before your Twin Flame reunification. Sometimes you don’t realize you have the same interests until one of you introduces the other to a new interest or hobby.
- You’ll either have similar body challenges or reflective ones. You might be able to feel when the other is weakened, or ill, or hurting. It may also affect you physically.
- You find that your twin is the only one to alleviate you completely of your suffering, your pain, or heal your emotional or spiritual ails fully.
- The individual twins become more as one, without losing their unique identities.
- There may be obstacles to overcome to be together, but there are no barriers between twin flames. The relationship is a totally open one, and evolves naturally and often rapidly.
- You almost always meet through unusual circumstances or situations that were totally unplanned and unexpected.
- The two of you know without doubt that you have been brought together for some deeper purpose.
- It feels as though you have been awakened since your reunion occurred. You feel more alive than you’ve ever felt.
- You give to the other in ways to bring them joy, relief or nurture them and never think of receiving in return. Giving is the nature of the twin flame relationship and you feel the rewards in your giving.
- You receive gifts from the other and never think it inappropriate or uncomfortable. In fact the gift is often something you’ve been lacking, in great need of or desiring for sometime but never voiced it before.
- There is a strong sense you will be together for all eternity… even when you pass on in this life.
- The relationship is immediate, as though no time had been lost since you were last together.
- There is a very sacred sense of intimacy and feeling of divinely inspired wholeness that one finds within a twin soul relationship. It is not by accident nor is it without purpose.
- You may still have karma with your twin from previous lives, but the two of you resolve it with total forgiveness and unconditional love.
- There is nothing hidden between the two of you. You don’t hide secrets. You are truthful and respectful to one another.
- Your conversations seem to go on forever. There is nothing you won’t discuss with your twin flame.
- Your twin seeks your guidance and advice, and likewise before they go anywhere else.
- There is no need to build walls or barriers between one another from pain or fear the other causes. Your twin will treat you as someone sacred.
- However, if one half of the twin is not ready to access the relationship, or has been traumatized in some way, the other half senses that and may either demonstrate an unusual sense of sensitivity or protectiveness over that person.
- The two of you are inseparable. No matter if there are distances between you physically there is no distance energetically for the twin souls.
- Even if you don’t speak for weeks or months, even years, there’s always an inevitable drawing that eventually brings you back in touch with your twin.
- Neither one of you are dependent on the other for your sense of self. You know who you are with or without your twin flame in the physical.
- Your sexuality with one another is a sacred act that celebrates the unconditional love you have for one another. You feel a deep spiritual oneness with all that is.
- Trust, patience and acceptance of each other’s weaknesses happen automatically. You will never intentionally use that weakness against your twin in anger or hurt.
- There is a special sacredness to your relationship that transcends anything you’ve ever experienced before. You feel a deep sense of sacredness and unity that you’ve have never known before.
- There are no restrictions within the relationship. All is freedom without the need for ownership or control.
- You will feel inspired to create and your twin flame inspires your creativity.
- You do not compete with one another nor do you pretend to be other than who you are. You love each other for their individuality and uniqueness. You understand that some things are better left to your twin’s strengths rather than competing
- You recognize there is a deeper spirituality that you manifest and find that you’ve become reconnected to the higher self. You will gain knowledge of what your soul’s higher purpose is and will serve for that purpose.
- In spite of your similarities as well as your differences, there is no doubt you feel a sense of completion through the other.
- You will recognize you two are truly meant for one another. You will know you are one with everything in the universe and beyond.
Find immediate answers to commonly asked questions about the diseases mosquitoes carry, transmit and spread.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eastern Equine Encephalitis
Q: Can people die from Eastern Equine Encephalitis here in the United States?
A: Yes, sadly enough, this is one of the diseases mosquitoes transmit that can cause death in humans. Although many people who are infected with EEE virus have no symptoms or slight flu-like symptoms, there are some people who will develop life-threatening symptoms, including inflammation of the brain, coma, and ultimately, death. 1 in 3 people who contract a serious case of the disease will die from it, and those that do survive may end up with permanent damage to the nervous system, requiring lifelong care.
Q: Is there a vaccine or antibiotic that can cure people who become sick with EEE?
A: Any of the arboviral encephalitides are viral, so antibiotics are of little use in treating people with the disease. There is a vaccine for horses, but not for humans at this time. The best way to combat EEE and other arboviruses is before they strike – prevention is the key.
A: As the name implies, eastern parts of the U.S., including the entire East Coast and Gulf Coast, and some areas of the Midwest. The primary type of area for this potentially fatal disease is swampland, with swamp-inhabiting birds being potential reservoirs of the disease. EEE is one of the diseases mosquitoes can spread.
A: Symptoms are very similar to those of the flu with headache and body aches, fever, nausea, and so forth. In serious cases, encephalitis (inflammation of the brain), coma, and ultimately, death, may occur.
Frequently Asked Questions about LaCrosse Encephalitis
Q: How did this disease get its name – from LaCrosse, Wisconsin?
A: Exactly. LaCrosse, Wisconsin was where the cause of the disease was first found back in 1963.
Q: Where is LaCrosse Encephalitis found?
A: Cases of the disease have mostly been found in the upper Midwest near deciduous forests, although more cases in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions have been reported lately. LaCrosse Encephalitis is one of the diseases mosquitoes transmit.
In some cases, myositis is a short-term problem that goes away after a few days or weeks. In other cases, it is part of a chronic (long-term) condition. Chronic forms of myositis can lead to muscle atrophy (wasting and shrinking) and severe disability.
There are many different types of myositis, including:
Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. In this rare group of muscle diseases, the cause of the muscle inflammation is unknown (idiopathic). There are three major types: dermatomyositis, polymyositis and inclusion body myositis.
Infectious myositis. Myositis sometimes occurs as part of a systemic (whole body) infection, especially a viral infection. It is especially common among people who have the flu (influenza). Myositis also can be caused by trichinosis, an infection in which tiny parasites invade the muscles. People can develop this infection by eating meat that has not been cooked enough. One type of infectious myositis is called pyomyositis, a bacterial infection that causes one or more pockets of pus (abscesses) inside a muscle. It usually is caused by Staphylococcus ("staph") bacteria. Pyomyositis is a relatively common infection in developing countries in tropical climates, especially where sanitation and health care are poor. However, it sometimes occurs in the United States, primarily in people who inject illegal drugs and in people infected with HIV.
Benign acute myositis. In benign acute myositis, a young child suddenly develops severe leg pain and cannot walk normally. These symptoms are dramatic and frightening, but they usually disappear within a few days. Benign acute myositis usually occurs in children who are recovering from the flu or some other respiratory infection caused by a virus. Doctors are not sure whether the child's muscle symptoms are caused by the virus itself or by the body's immune reaction to the virus.
Myositis ossificans. In myositis ossificans, a lump of bony material forms inside a muscle. This usually happens after a muscle injury, especially a deep bruise.
Drug-induced myositis. In drug-induced myositis, muscle inflammation occurs as a side effect of a medication or a combination of medicines. Although this is rare, the most common medications that can cause myositis are the cholesterol-lowering drugs called statins, including atorvastatin (Lipitor), lovastatin (Mevacor) and simvastatin (Zocor) and zidovudine (Retrovir), also called AZT, a drug used to treat HIV/AIDS.
Symptoms of myositis can include muscle weakness, muscle pain and muscle tenderness. Other symptoms vary, depending on the specific cause of myositis:
Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. These conditions typically cause painless muscle weakness that develops slowly over weeks, months or years. Although up to 40% of people with 1 of these conditions have muscle pain, the weakness is usually worse than the pain.
Infectious myositis. When infectious myositis is caused by the flu, symptoms include not only muscle aches and muscle weakness, but also high fever, chills, sore throat, cough, fatigue and runny nose. When caused by trichinosis, symptoms in the early stages include diarrhea and vomiting. Later, as the parasites invade the muscles, symptoms can include fever, eye redness with swelling in the lids and muscle pain. Patients with pyomyositis usually have a fever, and the abscessed muscle is painful, tender and slightly swollen. Skin over the muscle may be red and hot.
Benign acute myositis. A child suddenly has trouble walking and complains of severe leg pain. This pain is often worst in the calf muscles. In most cases, the child also has a history of recent fever, runny nose, sore throat and other upper respiratory symptoms.
Myositis ossificans. A lump appears in the affected muscle, and this lump may hurt when you press it. These symptoms usually begin several weeks after a muscle injury, especially a bruise.
Drug-induced myositis. Symptoms include muscle soreness, pain and weakness. These symptoms usually begin soon after a person starts taking a new drug or a combination of drugs. Myositis is more common when a person is taking a combination of lipid-lowering medications, such as gemfibrozil (Lopid) and lovastatin (Mevacor), than when a single medication is used.
Your doctor will ask you to describe your symptoms. It is especially important to describe the exact location of any weakness or muscle pain and how long you have had it. The doctor also will review your medical history and current medications.
Next, your doctor will examine you, paying special attention to your muscles and nerves. Depending on what your doctor finds, he or she may order diagnostic tests. Common tests used to diagnose muscle problems include:
Blood tests to measure levels of muscle enzymes, auto-antibodies (antibodies directed against one's own cells or organs) and antibodies to infectious agents
An electromyogram, a test that measures the electrical activity of muscles
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a painless scan that can identify abnormal muscle and can be used to locate the best site for a biopsy to establish the diagnosis or to monitor the progress of a known type of myositis
A standard X-ray or a bone scan if your doctor suspects you have myositis ossificans
An ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or MRI if pyomyositis is suspected
17) I am getting very cold and tingling feet and hands. They are becoming painful, like from frostbite.
I also have bad pain in my lower back. My hair (and I mean all my hair) has become exceptionally thin, not the sturdy shafts as before. I don't feel well after eating and I am scared.
16) I think my on again-off again boyfriend has poisoned me with some type of chemical that he uses at work. He works at a place called varmen guard; it's like Orkin and he has access to all types of chemicals. I think he put it in my food while I was in the shower.
About an hour or two after eating, I started to get headaches, my throat became sore and both of my lower legs started to cramp and convulse really bad. Can insecticides cause these types of problems?
15) I suspect my ex-wife of trying to poison me many years ago. We had curry in the evening and she gave some of the leftover to take to work for lunch. After that I got violently sick. The symptoms included a painful and sensitive stomach, vomiting and confusion.
I looked into her eyes as she was about to give me more curry food and saw this cold look in her eyes. I then refused any food from her which saved my life. I recovered after that within three days.
14) @Post 13: Are you able to purchase test kits online without him knowing? I just purchased an arsenic test kit online, and they have other kinds of test kits too. You can test any liquid, I believe even your urine. I would either recommend testing your urine or saving a drink or other liquid he gives you until you can test it without him knowing.
As far as a way to narrow down what chemical it is, google lists of poisons and symptoms and see which ones fit your symptoms best. That way, you can narrow it down a little and go from there.
My husband and I have been being poisoned by my adoptive parents for a while. We believe it is arsenic, and our symptoms are similar to yours: Every time after we would eat an open food from our fridge (like pickles from a jar), our throats would burn, we would get really tired, very bad headaches, very weak. Then, after about an hour or so, we would both have very bad stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. These people have been poisoning me for a long time (we have since taken many precautions against it and have filed police reports), but from my experience, I can tell you that it will only get worse. I was in the hospital and came very close to dying many times.
Whatever poison this man you are living with is using, it may not just be in the food or drinks. Do you take any vitamins or pills? It can be in there too, especially if the pills are powdery.
I hope this helps and I hope you stay safe and healthy. Good luck.
13) I've been worried that the guy I'm living with is poisoning me with something. He makes food and won't eat it. My symptoms can be mild to severe.
First is my stomach severely bloats like I'm pregnant, my urine smells really odd, like a weird chemical and sometimes my stool does as well. I get nausea and diarrhea and right now I'm really sick.
My throat feels literally like it's been burned. I get a weird menthol type vapor in my throat or it just feels hot inside. Sometimes I'm really tired and weak and either my heart races or it's slow. I'm having tingling in my hands. Please can someone help? He's a farmer. I don't think I'm crazy. What chemical would it be?
12) I am pretty sure I am being poisoned with arsenic. Is there a way to test food or liquids for arsenic? What are other ways people may put arsenic in your house? I have a very sore throat, trouble breathing, stomach pains, severe diarrhea, joint pain, and muscle twitches.
I have been poisoned before by the people I am suspecting, but I am not sure of the poison they are using and how they are getting it into my apartment. I believe they may have a key and come in while I am at work and put it in open food (any time I eat open food, like pickles from a jar or chips, I end up with severe stomach cramps and diarrhea). I stopped eating open food at my house, but I am still sick with the respiratory symptoms, extremely tired, dizzy, and very bad headaches. Does anyone have any suggestions to figure out which poison is being used?
Action on Human System: Irritant
- Internal Exposure:
- External Exposure: Slight irritant of eyes, nose, and skin
- Chronic Exposure:
Chemical Family: Bensoic and Benzilic Derivatives - chloramben(C), Amiben(T)
Type of Pesticide: Insecticides, herbicides
Action on Human System: Irritant
- Internal Exposure:
- External Exposure: Irritating to skin and respiratory tract
- Chronic Exposure:
Chemical Family: Benzonitriles - bromoxynil(C), Buctril(T)
Type of Pesticide: Fungicides, Herbicides
Action on Human System: Irritant
- Internal Exposure: Moderately irritating to lungs
- External Exposure: Moderately irritating to skin
- Chronic Exposure:
Chemical Family: Dithiocarbamates - mancozeb(C), Dithane M-45(T)
Type of Pesticide: Herbicides, fungicides
Action on Human System: Do not inhibit cholinesterase; mild irritants.