Dr W J Grobler BVSc.
The name "Cat flu" is misleading because even though cats suffer from a similar disease, the disease is not contracted from cats. The symptoms in dogs are due to intestinal involvement and very unlike flu symptoms. Dry, windy weather sees more cases which occur mostly in puppies, but previously unexposed, unvaccinated adult dogs are also at risk. Even with the best treatment available some animals still don't survive, so vaccination is of paramount importance in the prevention of this terrible disease.
This serious disease is caused by one of the smallest viruses known to man called Canine Parvovirus (CPV).(Parvo is the Latin for small). As many as 300 000 virus particles will fit into a millimeter!
Albeit so small the virus is extremely tough and will survive most disinfectants. It may stay alive in the environment for as long as two years if conditions are favourable. In 1978 when the first cases of Parvovirus in dogs were seen, the virus spread all over the world in a matter of months, often without the involvement of dogs in the transmission.
Massive numbers of virus occur in the stool of a sick dog. One gram of faeces may contain enough virus to infect 10 million susceptible dogs!
The virus need certain enzymes to grow. These enzymes are found in rapid growing cells like the ones lining the intestinal tract. These cells grow quickly enough so that the intestinal lining is renewed every two to three days. If the virus grow inside these cells they break up leaving large areas of damaged lining that lead to severe loss of body fluids. The normal intestinal flora which under ordinary circumstances are pretty harmless, can now invade the body through the damaged areas.
- Often a high fever
- No appetite
- Continuous vomiting or foaming at the mouth
- Very smelly diarrhoea that frequently becomes blood-tinged
- White or bluish gums
- Abdominal pain
- Dehydration � animals appear to have lost weight overnight
The symptoms usually appear very suddenly and susceptible pups may die within a few hours. Pups with large numbers of antibodies wil show much lighter symptoms. In rare instances animals may develop infection of the heart muscles with fatal results.
A bitch with good immunity against parvo will transfer these antibodies to her pups in the uterus. They will then be protected to a large degree for a period of six to twelve weeks. Exposure to the virus, whether naturally or through vaccination wil enhance this immunity. Healthy puppies, like the one on the left should thus be vaccinated at six weeks of age, again four weeks later and preferably a third time another four weeks later. It is very unlikely that a pup that has had three properly administered vaccinations will contract the disease. It is however important to stress that puppies must be healthy and free from worms before they can be vaccinated.
Because Parvovirus is one of the most frustrating diseases a vet has to put up with, vaccination remains the only efficient way of saving the puppy owner a lot of tears and regret.
At present there are no affordable injectable drugs that kill viruses in the body, thus no specific treatment exists once the virus is inside the body. Treatment is aimed at curbing secondary bacteria, stopping vomiting and replenishing body fluids.
- Intravenous fluid administration
- Inteflora or similar probiotics to replenish gut flora (beneficial bacteria in the intestines)
- Activated charcoal to bind toxins in the gut
- Oral electrolytes if animals are still drinking and not vomiting
- Small quantities of bland food eg. rice and cooked chicken
- Blood transfusion in very severe cases
Fibromyalgia means widespread pain in the muscles, but this syndrome causes many other symptoms. 1 Lab tests seldom validate your condition and the results often make you feel like a hypochondriac. Pressing on tender points can diagnose fibromyalgia, but the exam still does not explain all of your symptoms. 2
People with fibromyalgia often describe their symptoms as a flu-like infection that doesn’t go away. It leaves you exhausted and unable to think or find the right words (symptoms of fibro fog). 3 With fibromyalgia, you have trouble sleeping and wake up stiff and achy. 4 Your symptoms can be debilitating and you probably feel as though you have to push yourself to get anything done. 5,6
- Pain all over
- Sleep difficulties
- Brain fog
- Morning stiffness
- Muscle knots, cramping, weakness
- Digestive disorders
- Balance problems
- Itchy/burning skin
- Affects 3 to 5 percent of the general population 7
- Occurs in people of all ages, even children
- Men develop fibromyalgia too, although more women are diagnosed with it
- Symptoms are chronic but may fluctuate throughout the day
- Roughly one-quarter of people with fibromyalgia are work-disabled 4
- Three drugs are FDA-approved for fibromyalgia treatment
More Basic Info is available at the following:
If you experience a Herxheimer reaction from eradicators of bacteria's, viruses, protozoa's, borrilia's with an eradicating agent then you will know something in your body is being killed by the eradicator and it does not belong in your body.
is next to impossible to eradicate with the usual medicines, yet it is so flimsy that it can be permanently eradicaded in less then
16 days with certain eradicating agents.
M. fermentans, M. genitalium, M. hominis, M. penetrans,
Mycoplasma pneumoniae, M. pulmonis, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, M. hyopneumoniae, M. mobile, M. mycoides, Mesoplasma florum, Ureaplasma urealyticum/parvum, Phytoplasma asteris, M. pirum, M. salivarium.
Mycoplasma may be the only infection in a body or can be a co-infection of Lyme. There are various species of mycoplasmas. Approximately 60% of Lyme infected people also have mycoplasmal infections. The most common are Mycoplasma fermentans, Mycoplasma hominis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, M. genitalium, M. penetrans,and some other species. In some cases multiple mycoplasmal infections are present in Lyme Disease, thereby complicating the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme Disease because the symptoms are similar.
Mycoplasma infections can independently cause many of the signs and symptoms found in Lyme Disease, and they may exacerbate the clinical signs and symptoms and also complicate treatment of the Mycoplasma condition. Some people cycle in with Borrelia and various mycoplasmas in their blood cells.
- 1. Loganathan A, Arumainathan UD, Raman R. Comparative study of bacteriology in recurrent tonsillitis among children and adults. Singapore Med J. 2006 Apr;47(4):271-5. PubMed
- 2. Kocaturk S, Demiray T, Incesulu A, Kandirali E, Erkam U, Mert A. Comparison of adenoid and tonsil core cultures in chronic adenotonsillitis. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2003 Mar;10(3):105-9. PubMed
- 3. Radosz-Komoniewska H, Rogala-Zawada D, Zientara M, Rudy M, Nowakowska M. Bacterial flora in pharyngitis and tonsillitis. Med Dosw Mikrobiol. 1998;50(1-2):63-8. PubMed
- 4. Gudima IA, Vasil'eva LI, Bragina LE, Suchkov IIu. Viral-bacterial-fungal associations in chronic tonsillitis in children. Zh Mikrobiol Epidemiol Immunobiol. 2001 Sep-Oct;(5):16-9. PubMed
- 5. Putto A, Meurman O, Ruuskanen O. C-reactive protein in the differentiation of adenoviral, Epstein-Barr viral and streptococcal tonsillitis in children. Eur J Pediatr. 1986 Aug;145(3):204-6. PubMed
Created: August 18, 2006
Last updated: February 24, 2016
Now that we talked about why you have sugar withdrawals, let’s talk about what the symptoms are. After coming off of sugar over 50 times myself and helping hundreds to the same, I have found that sugar addicts actually have different symptoms when they are coming off of sugar. And I don’t really like to give you a long list of negative things to “expect” because maybe none of these will happen to you, only one of them or a bunch of them. It can be helpful to be kind of prepared though so you don’t think something weird is happening while you are breaking this sugar addiction. Check out this one great tool, a free video that I made for you called The 3 Mistakes Sugar Addicts Make and How to Avoid Them. Here is a list of the sugar withdrawals I personally experienced and those I have seen come off sugar and keep in mind they usually only last for a few days if even that:
- Feeling sad or down. I will admit, this is then number one thing I would experience when I would come off sugar. But have hope, it would only last a few days, thank God! That is one thing that really motivated me to stay away from sugar because I hate feeling sad and it started to not be worth it, the trade-off of having sugar to being really down for a few days. For me I know this is a major sugar withdrawal because I do NOT experience sadness on a regular basis, only when I am coming off sugar. Its very important if you struggle with depression already, that you guard yourself against this and make sure are aware of this. The good news is, I have seen many people who struggle with moodiness and depression GREATLY improve when they no longer have a sugar addiction. Personally I think a lot of people who struggle with this would see an improvement when they break the sugar addiction.
- Headaches. I personally never had this sugar withdrawal but I have heard some say they do.
- Fatigue. If you have been jacked up on sugar all the time, your body is used to that rush but you have also really stressed out your adrenal glands, which can make you more tired. The ironic thing is, since I no longer am a sugar addict if I do have sugar, I am so tired that night, it literally puts me to sleep. I really can’t believe it! And when I wake up the next day, I almost feel hung over I am so tired. I never realized that as much when I ate sugar all the time.
- Sleep patterns affected. Remember you are detoxing off a poisonous substance that is toxic so you are going to be detoxing as it gets out of your body. If you were addicted to sugar, your body was all out of whack from having blood sugar spikes to insulin surges and your body needs some time to balance back out.
- Sugar cravings. Now this one is the obvious side effect. Once you stop eating sugar, one sugar withdrawal can be ridiculously intense cravings for it. Remember, you may be stopping something that has been a habit of yours for 20 years so give yourself a break! Its normal to crave something that has been a part of your life for so long not only mentally but physically as well. Be encouraged that sugar cravings DO go away.
Take “The Quiz” to self-diagnose whether you even are a sugar addict or not, click here.
One of the most important things about breaking a sugar addiction is learning how to think differently about sugar and how you resist temptation in your life. Because if you get off sugar but don’t know how to stay off it, that is something that can be very frustrating. If you want to check out a free internet seminar I am doing click here or go to http://sugaraddictionspecialist.com/internet-seminar/
Be on the lookout for your own sugar withdrawals and feel free to leave a comment and let us know what yours were so we can all know what to look out for.
Mold toxicity is often the end result with constant exposure to mold of a toxic substance. A common misconception among allergists who are untrained in this type of toxicity levels in humans, which is technically not their area of expertise unless they have trained specifically in environmental medicine with their background in immunology, is to do general allergen testing. Most tests usually result in an unequivocal result, a 2+ or less. This induces some physicians to order allergy shots, regardless. These shots are absolutely worthless (and could possibly be harmful) to a person who has been heavily exposed to these mycotoxins as they are already in a state of toxicity. If anything, this could exacerbate the problem. Because many doctors are not trained in this field, they may try to "guess" at a diagnosis.
In laymen's terms, molds produce mycotoxins. These substances, although unseen by the naked eye, are ingested and then enter the body through the skin, mucous and airways. Once ingested, mold has the requirements to colonize and spread. In doing this, it can compromise the immune system and damage everyday processes of the body. Mold and yeast are interchangeable only in their dimorphic state, which is often a big misconception, although both are fungi. There has been a theory of a connection between Autism Spectrum Disorder onset and Candida Albicans in the body. New studies are being conducted during the first quarter of 2006. Updates will follow.
Fungi, which include yeasts, moulds, smuts and mushrooms, are responsible for causing four types of mycotic (fungal) disease:
1. Hypersensitivity - an allergic reaction to moulds and spores;
2. Mycotoxicosis - poisoning by food products contaminated by fungi
3. Mycetismus - the ingestion of preformed toxin (toadstool poisoning)
4. Infection (systemic) - (Mycotoxicosis; the subject below)
The following are a list of the most common symptoms of fungal exposure (bear in mind, people never fit all of below criteria). Most people with some forms of Mycotoxicosis meet at least 8 (recent symptoms) of the following criteria:
- Fibromyalgia/mps (and several correlated symptoms)
- Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, sinusitis
- Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting) mucous
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)
- Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.
- Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions
- Bladder, liver, spleen, or kidney pain
- Dark or painful urine
- Dirt-like taste in mouth, coated tongue
- Food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity
- Memory loss; brain fog, slurred speech, occasionally leading to dementia
- Vision problems
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Large boils on neck (often a sign of anaphylaxis )
- Yellowing of nails, ridges, or white marks under nail
- Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems
- Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations - confusion, PTSD
- Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities
- Ringing in ears, balance problems (very common), dizziness, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)
- Chronic fatigue (also included under this classification directional confusion)
- Intermittent face flushing; almost always systemic, Called the Mylar Flush (neurological))
- Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating
- Multiple chemical sensitivity; only upon exposure to Stachybotrys and Chaetomium
- Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)
- Bruising/scarring easily; rash or hives, bloody lesions all over the skin (Often systemic, see images; skin )
- Reproductive system complications; infertility, changes in menstrual cycles, miscarriage
- Sudden weight changes (Detoxifier genotypes tend to gain weight, non-detoxifier genotypes tend to lose weight)
- Hair loss, very brittle nails, temporary loss of fingerprints (in rare cases)
- Joint/muscle stiffness and pain
- Irregular heart beat/heart attack
- Seizures, inadvertent body jerking, twitching, inadvertent facial movements or numbness in face
- Hypersensitivity when re-exposed to molds, which can lead to anaphylaxis
- Anaphylaxis upon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds
- Death, in extreme cases
Note: despite inaccurate and misleading reports by theorists regarding immuno-compromised, babies, and the elderly being more susceptible, this is a big misconception as exposure to the T-2 mycotoxins found in many types of current indoor molds will poison anyone in time; no one is immune. The reason for this conflicting information is that studies have never been conducted to prove this. If so called experts are going to make such a broad and misleading statement, they may as well say that this same category of people is more susceptible to SARS, West Nile Virus, AIDS, and cancer. The T-2 mycotoxins found in many of these molds are the exact same T-2 mycotoxins that have killed widespread groups of innocent people with Yellow Rain, a biological warfare agent.
I haven’t heard that it causes a low WBC count but mine has been low for years. It will be interesting to see if it’s changed the next time I go to the doctor. I haven’t had anything diet in about 7 weeks.
Congratulations. You’ve given yourself a wonderful gift. May you keep feeling better and better.
I gave up all aspartame products back in September and lasted almost 4 months then my parents visited end of December and I was back on it!
All was going ok til about a month ago and now I am back to an odd feeling in my ears, my allergies are worsened, my stomach is ultra sensitive, my legs ache and have weird bruises, my fingers ache, I get tingling and numbness in my hands and feet, depression and anxiety.
This time I need to quit for good!!
Sarah I have had swelling in the legs, headaches, ringing in the ears,aching joints, bad skin, tingling and numbness in my hands and feet, depression, anxiety at times..I hope you can stay off it, I have been off it for 3 weeks and I will never go back, it is far to frightening-I want to live a long life, I wish you the same GIVE IT UP GIRL and good luck
4 days off the evil stuff, have not had many withdrawal symptoms just nausea, lack of appetite, trouble sleeping, lethargy and mood swings but my raynauds is gone, my joints are feeling better, the tingling in my leg has gone and a lot of the other aches and pains are disappearing!
Hi Gwenda, your post has inspired me. I am totally addicted to diet coke and I want so badly to be able to quit and trying to prepare myself to try again. I know I am unhealthy and I know I am probably slowly killing myself. I am wondering if you were able to continue being free from the addiction and how your symptoms are now. Did the ringing in the ears stop? Thanks so much!
I just quit aspartame because I’ve been trying to get pregnant for the last year and I’ve succeeded a few times. But, unfortunately it never lasts longer than 6 weeks. I started taking progesterone to help. But, then I remembered someone mentioning aspartame to me about five years ago and I blew off the warning. So, I looked it up and sure enough, I found it causes miscarriage and birth defects. I’m now convinced that the reason such a HUGE number of children are born with autism these days and an even larger number are diagnosed with ADHD and it’s because of aspartame, along with the rest off the artificial sweeteners. I’m including those “made from real sugar” like Splenda. I was drinking diet caffeine free Dr Pepper. So, I’m thinking maybe the withdrawal everyone’s complaining about are caffeine withdrawals. I have been drinking purely soda as my only fluid since high school at the latest. I can’t remember when I started on sodas and I can’t remember ever drinking anything but. So, since at least 1987, when I was 12. I quit caffeine in 12 days by drinking caffeine free Dr Pepper and when I’d start getting a headache, I would drink one of the caffeinated cans that are like 8 ounces, tiny. But, I haven’t had any soda in five days. No withdrawal. I miss the sharp carbonation on my throat, but my future baby is more than worth it.
What I’m trying to find out is how long before the aspartame is out of my system? If you know that, please email me.
Thanks for all this info. I want to see the long list of the complications of aspartame too. I’m 38 and have had tendonitis for years, along with joint pain, hair loss, major memory problems, etc.
I just quit Diet Coke, after a friend telling me about aspartame.
I was telling him how bad my finger joints had gotten in the past few weeks. I had gotten to where I had to quit my business because I could not use my fingers. Swollen joints, high pain from joint movement, and excruciating pain when I would even just move my fingers. Many things just got impossible to do.
La meilleure façon de se protéger des complications de la grippe est de se faire vacciner.
Où vous faire vacciner
Pour connaître toutes les informations sur la campagne de vaccination contre la grippe pour chacune des régions du Québec, consultez la section Où vous faire vacciner.
Certaines mesures de protection et d’hygiène peuvent aussi aider à prévenir la transmission de la grippe.
- Lavez-vous souvent les mains.
- Nettoyez votre environnement immédiat, par exemple la surface des meubles et les comptoirs.
- Suivez les conseils pour prévenir la transmission des virus et des bactéries.
- Restez à la maison dès que vous présentez des symptômes de la grippe.
À moins d’avis contraire du médecin, la maison est le meilleur endroit pour se soigner. En restant à la maison, vous limitez les contacts avec d’autres personnes ou avec d’autres infections qui peuvent causer des complications. Vous limitez aussi la transmission du virus.
- Suivez les conseils pour tousser ou éternuer sans contaminer.
Dernière mise à jour: 09 février 2018, 16:32
L'information contenue sur le site ne remplace en aucun cas l'avis d'un professionnel de la santé. Si vous avez des questions concernant votre état de santé, appelez Info-Santé 811 ou consultez un professionnel de la santé.
Wandlungsfähiger Erreger: Das Influenza-Virus
An Grippe erkrankte Personen sind ab den ersten Symptomen circa eine Woche lang ansteckend. Bereits einen Tag nach der Infektion können Krankheitszeichen auftreten. Ohne Komplikationen ist die Grippe üblicherweise nach einigen Tagen bis einer Woche überstanden. Es gibt Medikamente, die helfen, die Vermehrung der Viren im Körper einzudämmen. Zum Einsatz kommen sie vor allem bei Patienten mit Vorerkrankungen. Sie sollten innerhalb von 48 Stunden nach dem Auftreten erster Symptome angewandt werden. Für Menschen ab 60 und andere Risikopersonen wird in Deutschland eine jährliche Impfung gegen Grippe empfohlen.
Als "Influenza" oder "echte Grippe" bezeichnet man eine Erkrankung durch das Influenza-Virus. Es gibt verschiedene Typen von Influenza-Viren (A, B, C). Am häufigsten und am gefährlichsten ist das Influenza-Virus Typ A. Es ist auf der ganzen Welt verbreitet und verändert sich ständig, was es schwierig macht, einer Infektion vorzubeugen.
Wichtig ist es, die echte Grippe vom grippalen Infekt zu unterscheiden. Bei einem "grippalen Infekt" handelt es sich normalerweise nicht um eine Infektion mit dem Influenza-Virus, sondern um eine Erkältung. Die Magen-Darm-Grippe hat ebenfalls nichts mit der Influenza zu tun. Dieser Begriff wird für Magen-Darm-Infektionen durch unterschiedliche Erreger verwendet, die zum Beispiel zu Durchfall und Erbrechen führen.
nach oben Wie infiziert man sich und wie lange ist man ansteckend?
Die Grippeviren sind nur wenige Tausendstel Millimeter groß. Sie befallen Schleimhautzellen, zum Beispiel in der Nase, und vermehren sich dort. Menschen stecken sich mit Grippe meist durch Tröpfcheninfektion an. Das kann beispielsweise geschehen, wenn eine erkrankte Person niest und andere die Tröpfchen einatmen. Influenza-Viren können bis zu mehrere Stunden außerhalb des Körpers überleben, bei niedrigen Temperaturen sogar noch länger. Kommen die Hände in Kontakt mit Gegenständen, auf denen sich virushaltige Sekrete befinden (zum Beispiel Türklinken) und fasst man sich anschließend damit an die Nase oder andere Schleimhäute, ist eine Infektion ebenfalls möglich.
Erkrankte sind ab dem Auftreten der ersten Symptome für ungefähr fünf bis sieben Tage ansteckend. Manchmal sind Betroffene sogar schon vor dem Auftreten der ersten Krankheitszeichen oder länger als eine Woche infektös.
Es gibt eine Reihe von Faktoren, die eine Erkrankung an Grippe und vor allem Komplikationen begünstigen. So zum Beispiel:
- Diabetes und andere Stoffwechselkrankheiten
- Alter von über 65 Jahren, hier reagiert das Immunsystem nicht mehr so gut auf neue Erreger
- Alter von weniger als einem Jahr, hier ist das Immunsystem noch unreif und reagiert nicht so effektiv
- Chronische Lungenerkrankungen wie Asthma, Lungenemphysem, chronische Bronchitis, Mukoviszidose
- Chronische Herzkrankheiten
- Unterdrückung des Immunsystems im Zuge einer medizinischen Behandlung
Eine Grippe sollte man ernst nehmen
Headache severe, malaise, nausea sweating and vomiting my withdrawl experience
Yup….that’s withdrawal from aspertame. Stick with it.
I think many doctors don’t know aspartame can and is addictive. I was at the doctors today, (i gave up pepsi max 5 days ago and i’ve been feeling like crap, not able to attend work) and he said aspartame isn’t addictive.:-/
Multiple doctors have told me the same thing. How can we get them to warn folks about this problem if they don’t even believe what we tell them about withdrawal?
I have stopped drinking diet coke for 2 weeks, and I use to drink a case a week. Went to doctors 3 weeks ago about dizziness she put me on steroids and said it was inner ear infection. Took all meds, 3 weeks later still have dizziness going to make another appointment.
Try to stay away from MSG product as we’ll.. The two go hand and hand and it’s a silent killer…
Yikes….these doctors are scary. Your symptoms will go away in 4-6 weeks.
I am on day 9 with no Diet Coke. I have called myself the poster child for aspartame poisoning for YEARS, but I never wanted to give it up. I stopped during all 3 of my pregnancies but started right back up after having the babies. This is the longest I have gone without stopping as my youngest child is now 8. I am having all kinds of withdrawal symptoms, but I am wondering if anyone else has been eating the house apart like I have! I am going to bust out of my clothes like the Incredible Hulk soon if I don’t watch out, but I am having to do something to keep from drinking Diet Coke. Anyone else have this symptom? If so, does it go away eventually too?
This is day 6 of Aspartame withdrawals, The ringing in my ears is not as bad as it was on day 1, but still there. I was doing 4-6 12OZ. can of diet Pepsi caffeine free a day and then started on sugar free hard candy for dry mouth.I also was drinking decaf coffee, but using 6 packets of Spenda a day.also was getting tinkling thuout my body. My doctor put me on Gabapentin because she said I had nerve damage and that seemed to help the tingling I have many other health issues and I’m not sure if it because of the Aspartame or being overweight. But the terrible ringing in my ears must be from that. I have stopped it all and am drinking water and a occasional glass of milk. I think I should sue someone, but don’t even know where to start.
I recommend taking Psyllium and Betonite to detox. You can get these at the health food store or grocery store that carries vitamins and health food. I was very sick for 3 days and took the advice of someone on this site and had my friend buy them for me because I was too sick to get out of bed. Within 12 hours of taking these I felt immediate relief. I feel so much better than I did a year ago… it’s amazing!
Today is day 6 since giving up Diet Coke. I have never felt so ill. If anybody speaks to me today I’m likely to cry. I had 3 nights of going to bed at 8pm and sleeping through until morning. The next 2 nights, I was awake until the early hours and woke at 7am feeling like a deflated balloon. I don’t think anyone realises how bad that stuff is. I’m now 46 years old and Diet Coke was available in 1982 in the UK. I’ve been drinking it ever since. I was a slim teenager. 7st 10lbs until my early twenties. I now weigh my highest weight ever at 17 stone 10lbs. I feel sluggish, have depression, have IBS, muscle and joint pain. Until recently I was taking 3 different kinds of prescription tablets. I’ve been pill free for over 2 weeks and thought it was the pills that made me feel bad. I read something on Facebook last week saying that my symptoms are likely to be Diet Coke (aspartame). As I said, I now feel worse than ever. I had breast cancer 6 years ago too. I’ve also read that I’ll feel like sh*t for a while more. Just hope I can get through it. Sorry if my message seems to be all over the place but head’s mucked up too. Good luck to everyone going through this. I can’t believe it’s still legal 🙁
I quit 1 year ago this week after 25 years of drinking Diet Coke. I recommend taking Psyllium and Betonite to detox. You can get these at the health food store or grocery store that carries vitamins and health food. I was very sick for 3 days and took the advice of someone on this site and has my friend buy them for me because I was too sick to get out of bed. Within 12 hours of taking these I felt immediate relief. I feel so much better than I did a year ago. Aspartame free is the way to be. I hope this helps you.
Wow, reading your story about this poisonous addiction to Diet Coke is like reading a biography about myself! I have been drinking 6-8 Diet Cokes per day for 20 years. I’m 45! I also had breast cancer 5 years ago- the first person in my extended family to ever have cancer. I started to feel sickly a couple years before the cancer- headaches, fatigue, depression, terrible joint pain, hair loss, ringing in both ears, irritability and mood problems, racing pulse, itchy skin, and more! My doctors keep wanting to put me on more and more medications. I decided yesterday I had to get control of this or I would kill myself because I am at my wits end feeling miserable. I have been suspecting my Diet Coke being the cause all along- this is my first day without one and I’m feeling edgy, achy, and like I won’t make it, but I am determined to feel good again- I told my husband there will be no more of that crap in the house and I’m hoping I can make it through this! I get sick to my stomach when I think about the possibility of losing both my breasts because of that terrible poison! I would like to hear how your coming with this- I normally don’t message people but your story sounded so similar to mine! Good luck to you!