Comments: Because Dairy Intolerance is genetic - if you have children - you have already passed on the genetic material to them. Make sure you alert them to the possibility of dairy - or other food intolerance - so they can make changes and protect themselves from future disease.
If your parents or grandparents are having health problems - why not share this knowledge with them? Dairy sensitive people improve dramatically on a Dairy-free diet.
A. Lactose Intolerance: The simple strategy for managing Lactose Intolerance is to switch to a Dairy-free diet. However the symptoms for Lactose intolerance are similar to - and often confused with Fructose intolerance. Make sure you know which one you have. To differentiate between food intolerances you need the accurate and proven Journal Method.
B. Casein Allergy: A dairy-free diet is the answer. However - because milk derivatives are so cheap and abundant - there are now thousands of processed foods and supplements containing Casein (e.g. as "milk solids" or "whey powder" and others). The Complete Guide to Dairy-Free is included in the Healing Program
Here at foodintol ® we don't regard dairy intolerance as a 'disease'. Therefore it does not need to be 'cured'. Any food intolerance only comes about because we eat foods we cannot fully digest.
Dairy intolerance is the inability to digest cow's milk - because your body does not have the equipment to process it. After all, cow's milk is intended for the cow's offspring, the calf.
The symptoms and illnesses caused by dairy intolerance disappear when you stick to a Dairy-free diet. You could try it and see if you get better. Track your symptoms with the Detection Diet Journal in the Healing Program
I think I might have food intolerance: What should I do?
Beginning with our free e-book, we can help you establish if you are suffering from gluten or wheat intolerance or if your symptoms indicate an intolerance to dairy, fructose or yeast. You may even be suffering from more than one food intolerance.
Doing nothing can be a risk. Undiagnosed food intolerance can cause serious long-term health problems like osteoporosis, anaemia and many others.
To learn more – sign up for the free e-book‘How To Tell If You have Food Intolerance’
Up to 75% of the world’s population is lactose intolerant to some extent*. In some communities it is even higher (e.g. 90% of African Americans are Lactose Intolerant, and
80% of Asians). Generally this is not well-known but clinical studies almost forty years ago in the US bear it out.
Humans are the only mammals on earth to continue drinking milk after weaning at
2 years of age. And even then it is not our own human milk - but the milk of another species - cows. Western nations consume enormous amounts of cow's milk in products like ice cream, probiotics, butter, yogurt and of course cheese - and in thousands of processed foods like cookies, confectionery and cakes.
Lactose Intolerance is the inability to digest Lactose, milk sugar, which can only be broken down by an enzyme called lactase. In all mammals including Humans the production of lactase stops after weaning. There are some however - generally of Northern European descent who continue to produce lactase after weaning. This minority is known as 'lactase persistent'.
Because SIBO is thought to prevent people from absorbing and processing fructose and vegetables with insoluble fiber, the diets above should be modified to address these issues. Fruit and veggies with insoluble fiber need to be taken out and reintroduced very slowly.
Beans and nuts are also foods that are known to cause digestive flare ups.
One of the best ways to prevent SIBO from recurring is to keep digestive fire strong. That means having sufficient hydrochloric acid in the stomach and sufficient enzymes to help break down the food so no undigested particles remain.
Things that keep digestion and absorption strong are taking probiotics, enzymes, or bitters before a meal. Or diluting a bit of apple cider vinegar in water and drinking it before a meal.
Dr. Pimentel also recommends fasting 3 to 5 hours between meals to give the small intestine the opportunity to sweep bad bacteria out.
Lastly, constipation-dominant SIBO is much harder to teat because it indicates a higher level of bacteria and methane gas, according to Dr.Siebecker.
I believe there can be many causes of IBS, and SIBO is just one of them. I will talk about more underlying causes for IBS in future blog posts.
What is your name?
Please indicate below the emails to which you want to send this article: One cause of IBS: SIBO (Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
Enter one email per line. No more than 100 emails.
Angela Privin is proof that IBS is NOT an incurable disease or a disease at all. IBS is a body out of balance. It’s an invitation for change. After solving her own IBS mystery more than a decade ago Angela trained as a health coach to help others.
Angela uses both science and intuition to help people figure out what’s out of balance in their body. She works with lab tests, dietary changes, supplementation and nervous system rebalancing. Get help rebalancing your digestive system and solving your IBS mystery here.
FOOD POISONING STORIES
Years ago, my husband and I ate at a “hole in the wall” Mexican restaurant. He thought his meal tasted great. Mine was pretty good too. While we were waiting for the check, he started to feel sick. It came on so fast. He got up to go look for the bathroom and immediately started vomiting. He left a trail of vomit all the way to the bathroom (which unfortunately was the women’s bathroom, poor guy). Anyway, when he finished vomiting he felt fine. Two hours later, he had a big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. I suspect that this type of food poisoning was from the toxins produced either by Staphylococcus aureus or Bacillus cereus since it came on so suddenly and was over so quickly. No one else caught it from him which further supports a diagnosis of food poisoning.
Another example of obvious non-contagious food poisoning happened to my sister and her coworker recently. They went to happy hour (at 5pm) at a local restaurant and shared an appetizer of fried calamari with a dipping sauce. At 10pm, they were both vomiting. Since they don't live together and didn't eat anything else that was the same that day, I am very certain that they got food poisoning from that shared appetizer. The dipping sauce was probably sitting out barely warm under a heat lamp all afternoon growing toxin producing bacteria. No one else caught it from them so that further suggests that it was food poisoning.
But as TIME recently reported in our cover story, authorities still expect the U.S. to see some locally transmitted cases of the virus this summer. One challenge is that it can be difficult to track the exact number of people infected with Zika, because the symptoms are similar to other diseases—and the vast majority of those who are infected don’t show any symptoms at all.
For those who do develop symptoms, the most common ones that characterize a Zika infection are red eyes, joint pain, rash and fever. If a person has a rash with or without a fever and another one of the four symptoms, that is considered a probable case of Zika. Still, there are other ailments that can cause similar symptoms, like the flu or other mosquito-borne illnesses like dengue.
Right now, the people at risk of getting infected are those who travel to one of the over 40 countries with ongoing Zika virus transmission. Should a person start having symptoms of the virus within two weeks of traveling to an affected region, it may be a good idea to see a doctor and determine whether to be tested. All pregnant women who travel to regions with Zika should be tested regardless of whether they have symptoms, health experts advise. Pregnant women are especially vulnerable since Zika is now proven to cause microcephaly, a birth defect, in infants. Partners of pregnant women should also be aware that the virus can be sexually transmitted, which is why health officials are advising men to abstain or use contraception for six months if they have been exposed and don’t want to pass it on. Women who may have been exposed should wait at least eight weeks before trying to get pregnant.
Currently, only state and federal laboratories can test for the virus and sometimes results can take weeks to get back. You can read more about whether you should be tested here.
Travelers who return from a place where they may have been bitten by a mosquito carrying Zika, but do not have symptoms, can ask their doctor to be tested, but they will likely be low priority. Typically if a person does get sick, the symptoms will last for several days to a week.
More than 75% of all people have some kind of food sensitivity. Discovering yours is the simple natural cure for nagging and long-term health issues.
Nagging health issues? Why keep taking medications? It could be food intolerance - so easily fixed with a simple Journal!
Wheat sensitivity is frequently confused with Celiac (Coeliac) disease and Gluten intolerance. These affect 15% (1 in 7). Start healing within days – on the right diet.
This includes both casein allergy and lactose intolerance – and affects 3 in 4 people (75%) all around the world. Thousands of foods contain dairy in dozens of forms - so it can be tricky to avoid, without a food guide.
Dairy Intolerance: Lactose Intolerance, Casein Allergy
Cow's Milk Allergy: Prevalence, Symptoms, Testing and Treatment
Three in four of all people - 75% - are intolerant to Dairy foods like milk, yoghurt, cheese and ice cream. The vast majority are unaware. The presence of persistent symptoms like headaches, cough or asthma, frequent cold or 'flu, skin problems, stomach bloating, sinus pain, Irritable Bowel, depression or low iron levels suggest Dairy Intolerance.
Dairy intolerance can be either Lactose Intolerance or Milk protein (Casein) allergy.
The Necroa Virus begins with with four unique transmission options: Zoonotic Shift, Blood 1, Saliva 1, and Segmented Genome. All of these options run the risk of revealing a disease early, as they increase the likelihood of mutations and thus should be used only to accelerate the amount of infected players have right before they unleash zombies on the world, and their plague has been revealed.
As its name suggests, Zoonotic Shift is needed to gain access to Bird 1, Insect, Rodent 1, Bat 1, and their respective tier 2. Blood 1 is needed to gain access to Air 1, and can be connected to the Saliva 1 transmission tree by Urogenital Expansion. Both the Blood 1 and Saliva 1 transmission trees increase infectivity through the blood and bodily fluids, as well through air and water. Segmented Genome only increase the likelihood of the mutation.
- Zoonotic Shift: Genetic shift in the virus increase infectivity, mutation chance, and makes cross species infection possible. Increases future research speed.
- Bat 1: Host range broadens to include bats, which are hard to detect. Increases infectivity and mutation chance.
- Bat 2: Partial genetic activation causes bats to mob and attack humans at night. Sign efficiently increases infectivity and attacks can be lethal.
- Rodent 1: Host range broadens to include rats. Increases infectivity, especially in urban regions.
- Rodent 2: Partial genetic activation causes rat packs to attack humans. Significantly increases infectivity, especially in urban regions.
- Bird 1: Host range broadens to include birds. Increases infectivity, land transmission, and mutation chance.
- Bird 2: Partial genetic activation triggers random bird attack on humans. Significantly increases infectivity and land transmission.
- Insect: Insects susceptible to infection. Carriers increase infectivity, especially in hot climates and chance of mutation.
- Saliva 1: Virus replicates faster in salivary glands - increasing chance of infection through contact with saliva.
- Saliva 2: Virus replicates directly in nasal cavity - significantly increasing chances of infection through contact with mucus.
- Gastrointestinal Expansion: Virus can replicate in stomach and intestines, increasing infectiousness through feces and vomit.
- Water 1: Virus can survive outside the body in fresh, warm water. Increase in infectivity, especially in humid environments and ship transmission.
- Water 2: Virus able to survive in chemically treated water. Increase infectivity, especially in humid environments and ship transmission.
- Urogenital Expansion: Virus can replicate in kidneys and urinary tract, increasing infectiousness through urine and bodily fluids.
- Blood 1: Virus enters the circulatory system, blood is now a transmission vector. Poor countries particularly vulnerable.
- Blood 2: Virus can replicate directly in the blood stream, significantly increasing infectivity. Poor countries particularly vulnerable
- Air 1: Virus bypasses alveolar macrophages in lungs to enter bloodstream. Increase infectivity, especially in arid environments and plane transmission.
- Air 2: Virus can travel on dust particles. Increases infectivity, especially in arid environments and plane transmission.
- Air 3: Virus replicates rapidly in aerosolised brain matter. Significantly increases risk of infection if interacting with zombie brains.
- Segmented Genome: Virus splits its genomes into smaller molecules - increasing the likelihood of a viable mutation during transmission.
The Necroa Virus starts off with the Insomnia and Hyper Salivation trees. The disease itself gives the player two options, unlike the usual one, of wiping out humanity to complete the game: the first, and more difficult one, is infecting all of humanity and killing them through lethal symptoms (Cannibalism, Psychosis, etc.). The second and easier, but still hard one, is using the Cytopathic Reanimation symptom to produce zombies.
Using the first choice, the symptoms deal with the mental state and metabolic abilities of the infected. The second choice is unique, as it brings a whole new tree of symptoms once zombies are unleashed on the world. These symptoms, however, don't hinder or damage the zombies due to their unique condition. Instead, these symptoms actually improve the abilities of the zombies. Such symptoms include:
- Hyper Salivation: Inflammation of the submandibular gland increases saliva production and infection rates
- Insomnia: Inability to sleep causes irritability and tiredness. Slows future research speed
- Fever: Increase in temperature causes general feeling of sickness and reduces concentration. Slows future research speed
- Polyphagia: Compulsive hunger forces continuous eating. Lack of hygiene increases risk of infection.
- Photophobia: Sensitivity and pain when eyes exposed to sunlight. Slows future research speed, but slightly reduces infection rates
- Gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the GI tract causes frequent vomiting. Significantly increases infection rates
- Delirium: Reduction in cognitive functions causes irritability and paranoia. Can be fatal and slows future research speed
- Coma: Pressure build-ups in the brains stem can cause loss of consciousness. Significantly slows future research speed, but reduces infection rates
- Cannibalism: Extreme compulsion to bite and eat other humans - significantly increases infectivity as well as lethality
- Psychosis: Psychotic episodes lead to occasional bursts of extreme violence, which can be lethal. Increases infectivity and slows future research speed
- Autophagia: Compulsion to bite or partially devour own body - typically fingers or own skin. Increases infection rates
- Acute Encephalitis: Multiple inflammatory lesions in the brain causes severe neurological damage resulting in death.
- Cytopathic Reanimation: Formation of complex neural structures enables re-animation of damaged cells and restoration of low level vitals. Turns the dead into zombies.
- Anaerobic Resuscitation: Infected brain cells switch to anaerobic respiration. Lactic acid buildup is lethal and destroys higher brain processes and personality.
- Enhanced Sensory Integration: Nutrient flow to occipital and temporal lobes increased causing enhanced sight and hearing. Increases severity.
- Enhanced Motor Control: Nutrient flow to parietal lobe increased, improving movement and coordination. Increases severity, particularly in urban environments.
- Hyperosmia: Thinning of nasal epithelium significantly increases zombie sense of smell. Increases severity.
- Temporal Lobe Manipulation: Zombies attracted to movement and will abandon victims once dead. Prey more likely to remain and become a zombie.
- Adrenal Surge: Mutation of the adrenal cortex causes adrenaline over-production. Increases alertness and aggression of zombies.
- Masticatory Tension: Masticatory muscles become engorged, allowing zombie to bite through thick clothing. Severity increased.
- Peptide Surge: Growth hormone production triggers extreme metabolism of fat to build muscle. Enhanced strength, increases severity.
- Cathemeral Shift: Stimulation of primary visual cortex improves vision in bright sunlight. Significantly increases severity.
- Lumbrical Hypertrophy: Significantly strengthens zombie grip making it nearly impossible for prey to break free. Severity significantly increased.
- Anabolic Boost: Surges of testosterone significantly increases muscle mass and weight of some zombies. Severity significantly increased.
- Acidic Reflux: Extreme laryngopharyngeal reflux causes acidic saliva. Increases severity and gives zombies combat advantage.
- Dermal Calcification: Mutations in the endocrine system cause parts of the skin to harden and calcify. Gives zombies combat advantage.
- Vampiric Hunger: Some zombies prefer to suck the blood from its prey rather then eat its flesh. Prey more likely to remain intact and become a zombie.
- Naja Mortis: Muscle growth around the submandibular duct lets some zombies projectile spit at prey. Increase severity and zombie combat advantage.
- Cranial Elephantitis: Adenoma triggers mutated growth hormones, which encourage bone growth in the skull. Gives zombies combat advantage.
- Autothysis: Explosive mix of hydrogen sulfide and methane collects inside zombie. Significantly increases severity and zombie combat advantage.
- Bone Dysplasia: Increased bone density provides enhanced protection against trauma. Gives zombie combat advantage.
At the start of the game, players will only have access to the basic three abilities of Heat Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 1, and Drug Resistance 1, as well as their trees.
- Cold Resistance 1: Pathogen evolves to withstand cold temperatures and climates.
- Cold Resistance 2: Lower intracellular water volume prevents freezing. Increased effectiveness in cold climates.
- Heat Resistance 1: Pathogen evolves to withstand hot temperatures and climates.
- Heat Resistance 2: Pathogen avoids cellular breakdown in high temperature. Increased effectiveness in hot climates.
- Drug Resistance 1: Pathogen becomes resistant to class 1 and class 2 antivirals. Increase effectiveness in wealthy countries.
- Drug Resistance 2: Pathogen develops resistance to class 3 and class 4 antivirals. Increase effectiveness in wealthy countries.
- Genetic Hardening: Pathogen becomes harder to analyze in lab. Decrease future research speed.
- Genetic ReShuffle 1: Pathogen DNA strands reassembled. More work needed to develop cure.
- Genetic ReShuffle 2: A new strain of the pathogen exists, increasing work needed to develop a cure.
- Mummification: A severely decayed zombie is able to enter a state of hibernation. Reduces rate of zombie decay.
- Horde Instinct: Active ability lets zombies form hordes to travel across land and water to attack new lands.
- Horde Mentality: Zombies more likely to follow others. Zombie horde size increases into the thousands.
- Horde Vocalisation: Horde leaders attract nearby zombies with distinctive moans. Hordes can have hundreds of thousands of zombies.
- Horde Pheromones: Horde leaders produce pheromones to attract zombies to them. Zombie hordes can be millions strong or more.
- Structured Travel: Zombies focus on horde leaders - focusing the horde on the direction of travel and increasing travel speed.
- Drifting Fermentation: Controlled decomposition causes zombies to bloat. Horde can drift in sea currents - significantly increasing ocean travel speed.
- Dyskinetic Movement: Involuntary movements keep zombie coordinated with the horde - improving movement speed.
- Echopraxia Frontal lobe damage causes infected to mimic each others' movement patterns, improving navigation of obstacles and overall speed of horde.
- Engorged Quadriceps: Nutrients are stripped from other parts of the corpse and used to repair leg muscles to improve horde speed.
- Autolytic Decay: Virus slows release of digestive enzymes from cells' lysosomes - slowing decomposition of corpse.
- Putrefactive Resistance: Virus prevents anaerobic microorganisms from digesting proteins - slowing decomposition of corpse.
- Liquefactive Resistance: Virus denatures hydrolytic enzymes, slowing liquefactive necrosis and decomposition of corpse.
- Regenerative Activation: Active ability enables neurological regeneration in the brains of infected corpses - effectively reanimating some of the dead.
- Ambush Predation: Reanimated zombies often remain still - waiting for humans to approach them. Reanimated zombies get combat advantage.
- Liquefactive Necrosis: Reanimated zombies have partially liquefied internal organs, which rupture easily. Reanimated zombies get combat advantage.
- Regenerative Bio-Synthesis: Enhanced neurological regenerative proteins allow corpses with severe head injuries to be reanimated.
- Epidermal Digestion: Digestive enzymes break down the skin of the corpse to provide nutrients. Enables reanimation of severely mutilated corpses.
- Cranial Metastasis: Partial neuron development triggered in the lungs - allowing some decapitated corpses to reanimate.
Like the Trojan Planes active ability in Neurax Worm, the Zombie Horde active ability is effective in infecting hard-to-reach countries, as well overwhelming countries, especially ones where Z Com is established. Its abilities both increase the horde's speed and effectiveness when crossing oceans, as well as increasing the horde's coordination and size to the point where the final abilities in its tree of this type allows hordes to number in the millions. Finally, the Reanimate active ability allows for the reanimation of deceased zombies and corpses. This ability is effective in replenishing destroyed countries by zombie populations for attacks on other healthier ones, as well as wearing out the Z Com when your initial zombie force proves to be ineffective in overwhelming them at first. Its upgrades continue to improve the combat effectiveness and abilities of the zombies reanimated.
The symptom Cytopathic Reanimation renders the cure useless in stopping a player's disease. Over the course of the game while playing this disease type, one can amass a large amount of DNA, which can be incredibly useful to those trying to obtain a victory with no zombies, or quickly decimate human populations with evolved zombies. The zombie symptoms prove to be very useful in improving their combat effectiveness and severity against humans.
Active Abilities also allow for the player to infect healthy countries with zombie hordes, as well as reanimating the dead. As with the Simian Flu and the Neurax Worm, the Necroa Virus' Active Abilities can be used to infect countries that have shut their borders.
For this plague type, transmissions increase the chance of symptom mutation. As a result, few transmissions can be purchased in order to prevent mutation that could risk early detection, which is an advantage that one should keep as long as possible due to the disease being very easy to detect in early stages and the cure developing very fast, especially when severity and lethality are high.
With this said, it is very difficult even on Casual difficulty to win with no zombies, thus unlocking the Not Another Zombie Game achievement. This is due to the player's plague having to be in a constant state of incognito for it to infect a sizable portion of the world population.
Hypothyroidism can be diagnosed by a doctor with a TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) test and an evaluation of your symptoms. Symptoms of hypothyroidism may be general, such as tiredness and constipation, and can often be confused with other health conditions. Symptoms usually appear slowly, over several months or years. No one can predict exactly which symptoms a person will develop or how severe the symptoms will be. Some people have many symptoms by the time they are diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Others have few, if any, symptoms. Because the symptoms are so variable, it’s important to talk with your doctor about your symptoms and to have a TSH test.
Here are some common symptoms* to look out for:
Weight gain due to fluid retention
Increased sensitivity to cold
Brittle fingernails and hair
Treatment: infected individuals need to be on bed rest and consume plenty of fluids to treat the flu (3). In some cases antiviral medications may be necessary, such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu) is an oral medication or zanamivir (Relenza) which is inhaled similar to an asthma inhaler to combat the virus (3).
The prevention and control of influenza in facilities include the following: annual influenza vaccination of patients and health care personnel, implementation Droplet Precautions for infected individuals, surveillance and influenza testing for new illness and or cases, restriction of ill visitors and personnel, rapid administration of influenza antiviral medications for treatment and prevention during outbreaks, and respirator hygiene/cough etiquette.
Prevention/ Vaccine info, new trials:
Prevention: Vaccination is said to be the best way to prevent the flu virus. Proper hand hygiene (washing hands) and using antimicrobial soap if possible.
Types or vaccines:
1. The “flu shot” – is an inactivated vaccine (it contains the killed flu virus) that is administrated by injection usually in the arm (10). The flu shot is approved for use in people older than 6 months, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions (5).
2. The nasal-spray flu vaccine – is a vaccine made with live, or weakened flu viruses that do not cause the flu (sometimes called LAIV for “Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine”) (10). LAIV is approved for use in healthy people 2 years to 49 years of age who are not pregnant (5).
*The 2008-2009 Influenza virus vaccine is Fluzone (trade name). Fluzone vaccine is indicated in persons 6 months older for active immunization against influenza virus type A and B contained in the vaccine (9). Some side affects of the Fluzone are localized soreness, pain, swelling fever, and malaise and myalgia, which last up to 2 days (9).
Current outbreaks/ Cases locally (with incidence):
Most of the cases reported for influenza (flu) in Texas for the week ending May 17, 2008 were sporadic. Sporadic activity indicates that isolated reports of laboratory confirmed influenza along with influenza like illness (ILI) have been reported (1).
As of May 2009 there have been no confirmed cases of influenza in the state of Texas.
**Note that this study is only on the Human seasonal Flu only.