New Doctor explains importance of vaccinations 1
Flu jab is best form of defence when it comes to winter virus 1
Doctors anticipate nasty flu season 3
Could These Drugs Hurt a Flu Shot's Effect? 2
8 simple ways to avoid getting sick this winter 2
Flu shot available at community influenza immunization clinics across Halton 1
vaccine improvement techniques especially for flu 1
Flu jab campaign for Warrington and Halton hospital staff 1
Get the latest local conversations & news updates.
Swine Flu and Children – Facts, Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment, and Vaccination
by Salma Jafri
WHO on June 11th 2009. Its pandemic status means that it is documented as spreading virally from person to person across the globe. Since young children have been deemed a particularly susceptible group to contracting swine flu, it's important for adults caring for children to know the facts about this ailment and how to prevent it.
As a parent or child care minder here are some facts about swine flu and its affect on children:
Diet alone can be effective at healing SIBO but can be slow and take a long time.
It should take about a month on one of these diets to feel symptom relief but people typically stay on the diet for a year or two, depending on the case. Sometimes people can feel worse on this diet as bacterial die off occurs. That can feel like the worsening of IBS symptoms or flu-like symptoms.
Because SIBO is thought to prevent people from absorbing and processing fructose and vegetables with insoluble fiber, the diets above should be modified to address these issues. Fruit and veggies with insoluble fiber need to be taken out and reintroduced very slowly.
Beans and nuts are also foods that are known to cause digestive flare ups.
One of the best ways to prevent SIBO from recurring is to keep digestive fire strong. That means having sufficient hydrochloric acid in the stomach and sufficient enzymes to help break down the food so no undigested particles remain.
Things that keep digestion and absorption strong are taking probiotics, enzymes, or bitters before a meal. Or diluting a bit of apple cider vinegar in water and drinking it before a meal.
Dr. Pimentel also recommends fasting 3 to 5 hours between meals to give the small intestine the opportunity to sweep bad bacteria out.
Lastly, constipation-dominant SIBO is much harder to teat because it indicates a higher level of bacteria and methane gas, according to Dr.Siebecker.
I believe there can be many causes of IBS, and SIBO is just one of them. I will talk about more underlying causes for IBS in future blog posts.
What is your name?
Please indicate below the emails to which you want to send this article: One cause of IBS: SIBO (Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
Enter one email per line. No more than 100 emails.
Angela Privin is proof that IBS is NOT an incurable disease or a disease at all. IBS is a body out of balance. It’s an invitation for change. After solving her own IBS mystery more than a decade ago Angela trained as a health coach to help others.
Angela uses both science and intuition to help people figure out what’s out of balance in their body. She works with lab tests, dietary changes, supplementation and nervous system rebalancing. Get help rebalancing your digestive system and solving your IBS mystery here.
Brief History of Cocaine
Cocaine is a substance found in a plant (Erythoxylum coca) which is native to Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador and is cultivated in many other countries. Natives of the countries in which the coca plant was part of the landscape chewed the leaves to increase energy, alertness, and endurance.
The leaves of the plant are ground into a paste and heated with hydrochloric acid producing cocaine in its powder form. In its powder form, cocaine is most often separated into “lines” and snorted.
Modern cocaine was originally synthesized in 1855 and by 1880 the medicinal qualities of cocaine were first recognized by the medical community. Although it was widely credited as a cure for many ailments, cocaine was primarily used as a surgical anesthetic.
Of course, just because you experience some of these symptoms does not guarantee that you do have an intestinal parasite. You may just have a dreadful diet, and now you are paying for it.
I've found, though, that if you experience these symptoms chronically, you need a good colon cleaning whether it is harboring parasites or not!
We really aren't meant to live in discomfort like that. And honestly, if you let these things go, they don't just go away. You usually end up with far greater digestive problems and even some painful and serious conditions.
As a result of chronic parasitic infections, people have suffered with.
- irritable bowel syndrome
- ulcerative colitis
- allergy problems
- joint pain
- chronic fatigue
- immune disorders, possibly even AIDS
After dealing with the parasites and getting them out of their system, their symptoms were gone, too. Remember the little "mimics?" Your situation may not be as serious as you fear.
I freely admit that I am not a doctor. However, I'm the type who would rather take the simple and natural steps first to try to fix a problem. When all else fails, then I consider drastic measures!:-)
Why? Take several weeks and apply a few good principles of colon cleansing and healthy eating to your life. You may surprise yourself by the results. And the wonderful thing about a natural cleanse is that it is relatively inexpensive and you won't have to worry about damaging chemical side effects.
I'd love to hear your story about intestinal parasites symptoms and add it to the other testimonies of those who have found relief and truly been helped. Use the form below to share it with us.
To your good health!
If you have a parasite related question, feel free to ask it here.
Click the links below to see the questions and contributions from other visitors to this page. Add your opinions and comments if you'd like to help.
Something Living Under My Skin
I have something living under my skin. It only appears every three to four months. ts starts out like a little blister and itching (the itch …
I have now been using progesterone cream for two months, and I'm already experiencing a difference. I had only one migraine this month instead of many, no cramps, less spotting, and a lighter flow. I highly recommend to have your hormones checked if any of these symptoms apply to you!
26) I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for years and have been treated with meds like prozac and paxil off and on. Anxiety is still a problem, especially around my period and ovulation. I also have been diagnosed with infertility due to endometriosis. I recently had the saliva tests done and my progesterone levels were very low. I now am on 50mg of bioidentical progesterone. This is my first month and my anxiety has gotten worse!
I am just wondering if after a few months on the progesterone will things get better? I am really worried and stressed every day if I am going to wake up with anxiety. I feel like it has taken over my life.
25) I was just tested. My progesterone level was.5! I have had anxiety issues for months. I also have severe insomnia. I felt nonhuman. I am angry all the time.
My poor husband has been fantastic, but I feel miserable. I am on zoloft, xanax and restoril until my hormone replacement arrives this week. I am only 42 years old. I have had this issue for years. I am so tired of being told I am too young for this. Why aren't more doctors and people talking about this?
24) I would suggest as already mentioned, to seek out a doctor who does bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. It is all natural and much better for our bodies. This really makes a difference for all of those mentioned side effects of low progesterone. I am on 50mg for the very first time, so am already feeling a little better, however, will be able to tell after a few more months. Thanks
23) all of these women have some of the same symptoms I had and several more. Severe headaches at times, amenorrhea, overwhelming fatigue, thinning of my skin, horrible panic attacks, low back pain, urinating frequently, malaise, respiratory infections that recurred over and over for no reason.
I researched it extensively, as no doctor was helping at all. I started on progesterone cream, natural progesterone only. Large dosing initially to combat the dominance of the estrogen. I used 200mg daily to start and within days the symptoms subsided. Now on daily lower doses. everyone is different but it was a miracle for me.
22) I just found out my progesterone level is low after TTC for 14 mos. I had to push doc for a test. It is a 5.4, what is a normal level? I too, notice my hair has been thinning and I have complained to the doc several times about heavy, clotty periods.
21) Waited to raise my son, finish my education and finally for my second - now good marriage - and bam! Now I am told I am in menopause!
Started my own research and using progesterone capsules and cream - trying to have this planned baby. No, traditional male docs just aren't following through here. You've got to do your own legwork and pray!
Whether wanting to deal with the menopause or try to reverse the bioclock, I recommend the hormone cream at least. Good luck out there!
20) I get severe headaches, body chills, severe cramping, fatigue and heavy bleeding before my period starts and during as well. My gyno tested and said that my progesterone is low, but the pills are not working. I had a miscarriage because of this hormone issue.
19) I have been on natural progesterone that is made specifically for me at a compounding pharmacy for the last five years. I was diagnosed through saliva testing, which is more specific than blood.
I had the symptoms mentioned by others. Severe bad moods, period slightly erratic, severe headaches caused by both migraines and at other times by tension, exhaustion, no libido, and hair falling out.
It is a contagious and infectious condition which often manifests itself as major pandemics, which may occur in any season interspersed with seasonal epidemics of varying severity.
Influenza is more prominent during the winter season. In winter, the immune system of the body is weak. As people usually stay indoors and are in close proximity to each other, it spreads quickly during winter.
Prognosis of Influenza
The prognosis of Influenza is more severe and lasts longer than ‘common cold’. Recovery period of flu is about one to two weeks. The person remains contagious for about six days from the date of infection.
Influenza leaves the respiratory epithelium weak and prone to several other infections and attack by other pathogens. Influenza can be life threatening when it develops into pneumonia. It may affect people of any age.
Types of Influenza
There are three types of influenza viruses, they are:
1) Type A influenza virus which generally affects the mammals and birds like ducks, chicken and in some cases human beings. There are three variants of Type A influenza viruses namely H1N1 (e.g swine flu), H1N2 (e.g Asian flu and Hongkong flu), and H1N3 viruses.
2) Type B flu virus that infects only humans. This causes mild fever and is less harmful than type A flu.
3) Type C flu which causes mild respiratory infections. virus C. The symptoms of Type C influenza infection resembles the symptoms of common cold and is not pandemic.This flu infects only humans.
Causes of influenza
Influenza is usually caused due to faulty eating habits (dietetic errors) and unhygienic living conditions, like stuffy rooms. Anxiety, overwork, Lack of exercise and faulty lifestyle also provide grounds for influenza infection. The flu virus spreads easily through the saliva droplets released in the air due to sneezing and coughing of the person infected by flu and can infect and weak person quickly.
The birth of influenza virus is closely associated with birds(Avian flu) and other animals (e.g swine flu). Thus Influenza pandemics often originate in places where human beings live in close proximity of animals.
Symptoms of Influenza
The symptoms of influenza are:
- High fever (upto 40 ° C)
- Chills and headache
- Sore throat
- Dry cough
- Irritated eyes
- Nasal congestion and Congestion of the lungs
- Body aches including Muscle and joint pain
Transmission of influenza virus